snarkus, Santa Monica, Jan 13, 2015
Rooms are extraordinarily quaint, with wooden floors and hammocks outside read more
Holiday Season: $198. Rest of the year: $148
Each room has a front porch sitting area and a hammock. Recommended stay 3-5 nights.
Holiday Season: $248. Rest of the year: $178
Elevated view of the river, receives more breeze than the downstairs. Recommended stay 3-5 nights
Holiday Season: $288. Rest of the year: $198.
Twice the floor space of Terrace & Balcony rooms, with floor to ceiling windows, a seating area and multiple bedding configurations available. Recommended stay 3-5 nights.
Holiday Season: $368. Rest of the year: $238
Occupies an entire second floor with 1 King & 1 Queen Bed closed off by gauze curtains. Living room & 2 full baths. Penthouse Virtual Tour. Recommended stay 3-5 nights.
The Lodge - Rustic Elegance in the Rain Forest
You will be met at the dock by our staff. Our service style is personalized, informal, caring. No background music. Our food is what a Costa Rican grandmother would cook if she was also a creative and contemporary professional chef. The atmosphere in our restaurant is quiet, laid back and tranquil, open to the Tortuguero River. No background music. Our bar serves Caribbean themed cocktails, and we don’t mean piña coladas, though we make a good one of those too. The suggested activities at the lodge are enjoying our naturally filtered pool and the heliconia and palm gardens. Free morning and afternoon tours every day. Hammocks everywhere. Among the suggested activities in the area are, motorized boat or kayaking tours into Tortuguero National Park, Teach English at the The Words Adventure program, Turtle Nesting Tours (July – September). We suggest that you spend between 3 and 5 nights with us, details on how to get here.
Owned and operated by Costa Rica Expeditions.
Vacation Time is Precious.
Policies & Important Considerations
- Taxes are not included in the room rates above. 13% is added to the rate.
- Rates for lodging are PER ROOM based on single or double occupancy.
- Maximum number of guests per room is 4 in River View Rooms and 5 in Penthouse Suite.
- Cost for additional guest is per person.
- Rates for excursions include taxes and are per person unless otherwise stated.
- Lodging: Up to two children ages 0-10 stay free when sharing a room with at least one adult.
- Meals: Ages 0-5 are free, ages 6-10 receive a 50% discount, ages 11 and older pay full price.
- Tours: Policies vary depending on the activity. When child rates are available they will be passed along.